No Red Lights: Hockey: Jackson '06 -- Pushing Beyond Limits - Goalie News And Instruction By Roxanne Gaudiel

Jackson '06 -- Pushing Beyond Limits

In college towards the end of the season, I remember thinking that my body was breaking. That my knees would no longer hold up, my legs were ripping apart and my hips were slowly detaching themselves from the rest of my body.  Ok, that's an exaggeration, but it hurt. A lot... and most of that pain can happily be attributed to my teammates, coaches and captains. I say happily because all of that hard work and pain paid off in the end with an incredible season-to-remember. When I thought I could not get any more tired or that I could not keep going, my captains showed me that there was still more to give. That I could persevere through more than I thought possible. And even after playing competitive sports, my captains are still impressing me with their tenacity.

Heather Jackson was responsible for making not just me, but our team believe that you could always push yourself harder.  That you can push your body further than you thought possible. And that preparation and hard work will make you stronger in the end, no matter what kind of pain you're feeling now.  She is now proving this in her line of work -- Heather is a professional Iron-Man Triathlete.  Actually, let me re-phrase -- she's a world class, championship Iron Man Triathlete.  She recently just won her age group at the Iron Man World Championship in Kona, HI.  Unbelievable. I was always a firm believer that a person can push themselves harder and faster than they thought possible - and Jacko is living proof of that.